missing

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

ourjessiebo

missing

Post by ourjessiebo »

Where is Dusak ?
is he OK?

Gordon292

Re: missing

Post by Gordon292 »

With the recent bad news of the death of another ex-pat living in Luxor I am hoping that we get good news with regards Dusak
ourjessiebo

Post by ourjessiebo »

With all of his friends in Sunny Luxor why does no one say how he is?
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Ourjessiebo, I doubt anyone is witholding information about Dusak.
Not everyone in Luxor knows everyone else, or their paths cross on a daily basis. In deed, many expats actually like to keep themselves pretty much to themseleves.
In more recent times, Dusak has nit frequented Luxor4U as much as he did in the past, and the gaps between visits can sometimes be quite long. He did say that he had some projects he was working on, so perhaps that is what is occupying him at the moment. He could also be away from Luxor, enjoying other locations for a break.
All that being said, I hope he is OK.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

"With all of his friends in Sunny Luxor why does no one say how he is?"

I would agree with Hepzibah that "Not everyone in Luxor knows everyone else". In fact, I would go one step further, and say that most (foreign) people in Luxor only have a very small number of (foreign) friends here.

Virtual friends, i.e. those whom we know on the various forums or fb pages, are really just disconnected identities, in the main. For instance, although I've been a member on here since 2009 and lived here on and off, in my own property since 2007, I've only actually met maybe a dozen or so other members: Keefy, a couple of times; Hatusu, the same; Chocolate Eclair, once; Moonstone, once; Dear Carrie, a half dozen times. There are others, of course, some of whom are no longer living, or who don't post any more. But as a rule, I'd say that mostly, 'in the flesh' we generally don't see all that much of each other.

I hope this may clarify the situation for you a bit, ourjessiebo.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

What is more puzzling to me is why “ ourjessiebo”, who joined the forum last September and has never posted before, should be enquiring as to Dusak’s whereabouts.

Just saying….. :tk
ourjessiebo

Post by ourjessiebo »

Newcastle, I am not new to Luxor 4 You I spent many a good 24 years in Luxor doing charity work and was a friend of Davids and many many more people there so that is my interest. Perhaps I changed my name on this forum that is why I look a new member?.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

ourjessiebo wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:04 pm Newcastle, I am not new to Luxor 4 You I spent many a good 24 years in Luxor doing charity work and was a friend of Davids and many many more people there so that is my interest. Perhaps I changed my name on this forum that is why I look a new member?.
ourjessiebo wrote: With all of his friends in Sunny Luxor why does no one say how he is?
ourjessiebo, I have to admit, I had very much the same question as newcastle when I read your original post, but decided to answer your question rather than question you. However, given what you have said, I am wondering if it is just the members of Luxor4U that you have raised your concern. Surely, if you know so many of Dusak's friends you will have asked them too. Are they being quiet about him, or is it just the members of this forum that you think are keeping quiet? Have you checked his other online places?

I don't know when you left Luxor, but it has to be remembered that over the last 10 years, many ex-pats have have either left Luxor, or sadly have died. The same goes for members of Luxor4U - their interests have changed and do no visit this site regularly, or at all.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

ourjessiebo, to save us all playing guessing games, perhaps you could enlighten us as to what your former name on here was? We're all nosy b*****s, you know?
Gordon292

Post by Gordon292 »

Sorry to have to inform you Teddyboy but we are not all nosy b******s at least I am not. I just could not care less what his former name was. At least he is showing some concern with regards Dusak.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

Just to exercise my nosiness a little more; Is there still no news of Mr Dusak's whereabouts or condition? It's now 4 days since our friend first asked. Does no one have a 'phone number for him, or an email address? Or know of his female friend?
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Teddyboy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:41 pm Just to exercise my nosiness a little more; Is there still no news of Mr Dusak's whereabouts or condition? It's now 4 days since our friend first asked. Does no one have a 'phone number for him, or an email address? Or know of his female friend?
I would have hoped that Dusak or someone would have posted by now to let us know if he was ok (or not :( ) by now.
I am also wondering if ourjessiebo has managed to find anything out as they do not appear to have come back to Luxor4U since Saturday to check for any updates here.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
ourjessiebo

Post by ourjessiebo »

I do keep looking however I find no reason to keep leaving messages or defend myself. I live most of my retirement in Hawaii and Spain, one day it is hoped to get back to Luxor.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

He posted new videos of his property on facebook today, Mon 7th March 2022, so he his alive :up
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

Thanks Keefy, maybe he's just fallen out with L4U?
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Teddyboy wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:38 am Thanks Keefy, maybe he's just fallen out with L4U?
Maybe :lol:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

It's certainly nice to discover that members are concerned about my health or I'm still in existence. I did have a health scare when I suddenly started to caugh up blood had every test available including a CAT scan the end result was that I had developed a severe broncle infection and the harsh caughing had ruptured a blood vain or 3 so hence the blood. Back to full health now. As for the original question posted I have to say that I do not know of anyone that spent most of their time in Spain or Hawaii. Maybe it's someone from one of the dating sites that I'm supposed to be a member of 😃. At the moment there are a few folk that are desperate to discover certain things about me, it's an interesting game of chess for me, never been out manouverd yet so I tend to keep it 🤐. Life is fun.

But its true to say i have only recently finished my mega project on my 2 flats but not only that I spend a great deal of time chatting to friends on various platforms plus I have problems now and again logging into L4U. And 8 months ago i had some upsetting news from the UK that was difficult to live with. I'm still attempting to re visit Thailand but Egypt air are not doing their direct flights as yet maybe in july. The most important aspect of my time in Egypt is that I'm still enjoying life to its fullest, no worries, no problems. So thanks again for your concern.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Welcome back Dusak. Glad you're all sorted. Keep safe!!